• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Server 2k3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

delljunks

Has any one here taken winserver2k3 and turned it into a workstation? I heard the results were amazing and so is the performance. just curious about this one!

I've been running Windows Server 2003 for about 6 onths now. It's a great OS! Some programs/drivers will not work on it though so check before you dive in.

As for performance the OS 'feels' faster and more stable than XP. Games like UT2003 and CoD run great!

I did, and had no problems with it, but seeing as I paid for XP I went back to it.

well, some people say that win2k3 is more stable than winxp. to me, winxp is completely stable so i am not really worried about that too much... but win2k3 is a very stable os. what it has that is so great is the networking support. basically if winxp is running fine, i wouldn't see any reason to upgrade to win2k3...

Back