• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest errors..What should I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fldrice

I just ran memtest on my new rig and within the first couple of seconds, I received around 200 errors and it just keeps coming. What should I do. Should I RAM the memory? I got the stuff from newegg in the refurb section so if I try RMA it should I go through Mushkin or Newegg?

Are the errors at stock timings and voltage? If so, RMA the sticks to Newegg. However, you can also RMA them to Mushkin; they have excellent customer support staff. As you're running an NF7-S, try raising the vdd voltage or disabling CPU Interface (may have to do both as that board is picky with regards to CPU Interface).

~THT

The test were done at stock 2.6 vdim @SPD(2-2-3-6) and then at 2.7 vdim @spd. FSB is at 200 and ram/fsb ratio @ 6/6. My level 1's aren't error free @ Stock specs:(

Bump vdd to 1.7 and still errors won't error at 3-3-3-6 but I didn't pay my hard earned cash for those timings. Called the Mushkin Tech Support today and they don't gurantee timmings if you run a 6/6 ratio on a 266mz fsb athlon, they want you to use the 4/6 ratio to test. So that's what I'll be doing tonight.

Back