• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VM Ware attempts within Virtual PC 2004

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mtnbikerjerry

This may sound really goofy, but it is funny.

I am experimenting with Running VM Ware 4 on Virtual PC 2004.

Everything runs fine, but when I start up my "virtual machine" on my "virtual machine"

I get this unrecoverable processor error on XP within the 1st virtual window or simulated host operating system. unrecoverable processor error, XP will now reset.

Then if I revert to using just VM ware as the simulated host OS "XP" and I run Virtual PC 2004, it just hangs as far as the virtual PC bootup, no fake BIOS as it would normally show.

Basically what I am doing Virtual Virtual computing.

Just for fun, has anyone tried this besides me?

hehee

too much time on my hands.
:D

Considering that Virtual PC hooks into a lot of devices at a very low level, and the virtual Virtual PC can't find any really low level to any devices in its' virtual world (especially the processor), I am not surprised that you are having problems.

Don't give up though, because it is sometimes fun to do the impossible. Try looking up DoxBox on Google... it runs Dos virtually, allowing you to run most Dos games. That might work in a Virtual PC setting...

Back