• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

End Program Pop Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CRXican

Registered
When I shut down windows (XP Home) the End Program thing pops up real quick but doesn't ask me to OK it. I would like to find out what program is running because if I don't close it myself then I don't think it should be running. How do I found out what it might be?

There are plenty of system processes running in background even if you didn't start them. Sometimes a process fails to shut itself down fast enough, and a prompt about manual shutdown is displayed; however, when the process does terminate itself, the window disappears. This is normal...

RZA said:
There are plenty of system processes running in background even if you didn't start them. Sometimes a process fails to shut itself down fast enough, and a prompt about manual shutdown is displayed; however, when the process does terminate itself, the window disappears. This is normal...

in that case I guess I'll just ignore it

Back