• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thanks to diskkeeper, im screwed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

Ok, I installed this trial one time use thingy of diskkeeper, now that it has been a while and my hard drive is extremely fragmented, I know the diskkeeper thing is expired, so I go to use the windows one, but what do I find.................:mad: I think diskkeeper wiped out the windows defragger because when I try to run it I get this thing saying I cannot use diskkeeper and it expired.............HELLO!!!!! Im trying to use the windows thing not diskkeeper.

Anyways, would anyone happen to know of a way to get the windows thing back without reinstalling windows? I tried going to that add/remove windows components, but it seems like I can add or remove everything except the system tools (where the defragger is). What can I do?

Thanks
-0cer
:cool:

Uninstall Diskkeeper and it should give you access to Windows Defrag. If you have a bad uninstall of Diskkeeper, reinstall it in the original location then try uninstalling it.

fhanderson said:
Uninstall Diskkeeper and it should give you access to Windows Defrag. If you have a bad uninstall of Diskkeeper, reinstall it in the original location then try uninstalling it.

OK, ill give it a shot again. I already tried uninstalling diskkeeper, and then I thought, maybe if I could reinstall and uninstall disk keeper I might be able to use that, but that does not work, becuase it says I already had diskkeeper and I have to pay blahblahblah for a CD key. I hope it does not do this on purpose just so I have to buy diskkeeper. Anyways, my HDD is horrible...it is working REALLY hard for a LONG time to get into things like games, it is uber fragmented I think. I may just have to get diskkeeper if I cannot solve this problem. Either that or backup my files and reformat the whole damn thing.

Thanks for your help. I will try it again and see. Wish me luck
-0cer
:cool:

Back