• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

adata pc4000 vs. pc4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magnummafia

hi, i have a p4 2.8 with an ic7 board. i want to oc it and i was thinking about running the adata memory, but i'm strapped for cash, so i was wondering what kind of fsb everyone was getting with the pc4000 vs. the 4200. or if i should just pay the extra and go 4200

i bought some of the original komusa hyperram with the adata chips late last summer. back then the fastest they offered was pc4000. it really runs fast 290+. howevr with komusa's new offering of pc4200adata im 99% sure they're speed testing the pc4000 adata and using it for the pc4200. so if u get the pc4000 adata there is much less chance of getting a crazy overclok like say 290 or so. in fact one of the ocz techs over at abx zone posted just this fact when one of the guys complained that his pc4000 gold wasnt overcloking as fast as some of the sticks that were originally offerered when the pc4000 gold was their fastest. the ocz guy was very honest and forthright when he explained the fastest is binned and offered in the pc4200/4400. so to sum things up ,thats the logic behind evryone getting the pc4200 for komusa. since its pretty cheap why not pay the extra to get the primo chips. now if u only need 250-260 then just get the pc4000 and save the extra cash..

thanks for the reply, i kind of figured that flapperhead, i decided to take a chance and just go with the pc4000 cause i really don't plan on going much over 250, and if these at least run that i'll be fine. since i'm just using air for cooling i can't get too crazy anyways. i'll let u guys know how it goes.
thanks

Back