• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Norton programs used together??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikes95XLT

Hey guys...

Quick question. I have NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2003, and I want to buy NSW (Norton System Works) 2003. Can I use them together? Will they conflict with each other? Just curious because I've never used software packages together like that before. Will NIS conflict with NWS or no?

Thanks!

Just do not install the anti virus again. You should be fine. If you are really concerned, Norton has pretty good free email tech support to answer your question. But it can be really hard to find in their website.

So Redstone what you're saying is that NIS and NSW both come with Antivirus correct? Other than that I'm cool?

Kendan I keep my stuff updated ALL the time. Ain't nobody gonna get me. :D lol

Norton Systemworks comes with the anti-virus. I seemed to remember NIS did as well, since it is a security suite but not 100% sure. Either way they will work just fine together. When you install a Norton suite, it lets you choose what you want to install in case it is already on your system.

Back