• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hynix RAM any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes it is, its very good. I have the same Ram(same Hynix BT-D43 Chip)...Havent tried overclocking it yet but from all accounts its great for overclocking.

Looks like a good price. Let us know how you make out if you do get it. I've never had Hynix ram but the ram I just got from Kingston was stamped Hynix.

Some of the guys have run the Hynix BT-D43 chips in the 250 - 265 range. Here is a link to an article at PC Stats that one of the other guys found which reviews Buffalo Tech's PC4300 RAM, based on the Hynix chips. It is an Oct 2003 review. They had pretty good results too, so it looks like as good a bet as you can find, and for the price there's nothing to complain about if you're using them on an Intel rig. Timings are OK, but not the best for an AMD rig. I've been looking for these chips in 512 modules so I appreciate the link above to the vendor. I've just gotten some sticks from Kingston but they were 256's, and depending on how they do for me, I might want to get a gig or two in 512 modules.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1143&page=1

As far as using them on the Abit, for best performance there are some better option, granted pricier.

thats a good price, almost all the pc4000/4200/4400 is bt-d43, with some d5 tossed in. the newer revisions run pretty well at lower latencies 2-3-3-5 up to around 215-220 at 2.8v. in fact it doesnt like voltages over 2.9v. the older stuff scales better with voltage but wont run low latencies very well.

I have the PC3200 Supose to be only DDR400 and I have it running at 500mhz, pretty loose timmings but the ram is damn fine stuff. Just make sure that it is the D43 stuff. Probably one the best bangs for your buck out there.

Back