• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH-5 or BH-6 where can I find out???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr.spock

I think u guys can help me!!!

If I buy a new RAM module, where can I find IDs or something on the RAM, to know whether it is a BH-5 or 6???

I want to buy Corsair TwinX!!!

Since Corsair Twinx usually have heatspreaders and Corsair don't state what chips they use, there is no easy way to find out expect asking them. But AFIK there are no Corsair models on sale now that have BH5 or BH6. The last Corsair model that shipped with BH5 was 3500C2 but I don't know anywhere where those are on sale.

The easiest way to find out is to check the sticky in this forum.
It is possible to find older modules on sale with BH5/6 but it would require a lot of running around. There have been some threads about this, search this forum and you will find more info.

Br
hepp

The problem is that I live in Hungary!!!

I cant search on Newegg or any of these.
I want to know if I can find out only by looking at the RAM itself.

BTW I want to buy PC3200 models.

Why don't you just look on ebay for RAM that has confirmed bh-5 on it like Mushkin L2 or Corsair XMS C2? A lot of seller ship worldwide or will if you ask.

I picked up 2 of the 512megs Corsair 3500C2 ram on clearnce at frys in burbank for 139.99 each. And they had 1 left too. So you guys might want to check to you locals frys to see if they got any left and at 139.99 it a steal too.

Hey guys... the poor guy lives in Hungary. Forget newegg or eBay or Fry's. Mr. Spock, see if you can find Mushkin PC3200 or PC3500 level 2 with black PCB. If you can look at the RAM in local shops and if the inventory has been sitting around on the shelf for a while, you might actually find some RAM with BH-5 chips.

See if they have Kingston HyperX PC3200 with no "A" in the model number (also it should be rated 2,2,2,6). Older Kingston HyperX PC3000 has BH-5 chips and will O/C as good as Mushkin PC3500. If you can find Corsair XMS PC3500C2 (CAS2), then that should have BH-5.

Good luck, it's getting really hard to find RAM with BH-5 chips, but in eastern Europe since it takes longer to ship components to the stores and the inventory might sit longer in warehouses, you might get lucky if you look around long enough at the local sources.

I looked around and found out that stores in Hungary have
Kigston; Corsair; Samsung; Kingmax; PQI or PMI; A-DATA; TwinMOS
modules.

NO MUSHKIN and OCZ!!! (Shame on us poor Hungarians!)

I ask again: Do any of u know a way to find out what chip does tha RAM
have; only by looking at it!!!

Unfortunately stores dont sell PC3500 and above models.
(I think those can be ordered but they are way too expensive!)

yeah, looks at the the ram chips and if its bh-5/6 it should first off sey winbond on it. at the end of the number crap it should also say bh-5/6. this is only if there is no heatspeaders of course. kingston hyperx 3200 non A is bh-5. most hyperx 3000 is bh-5/6. the corsair 3200 v.1.1 was bh6 i think. the corsair 3500 c2 is bh-5. and one of the twinmos 3200 was bh-5 forget which

I got a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

THX guys!!!

I saw a few pictures in a mag about RAM.
I think I saw this Winbond thing with these BH-5/6 endings.

Now I'm sure I'll buy 2x512 MB Corsair TwinX PC3200.

[I think it's a bit xpensive: 84k Forints. :mad:
(That's about 411$!!!)]

I'll look 4 winbond chips!

Now I'm sure I'll buy 2x512 MB Corsair TwinX PC3200
Why?
Because of this?
corsair 3200 v.1.1 was bh6 i think

You'll need to check very carefully with those because, whereas I also think that Corsair 3200LL v1.1 was BH5 and 3200C2 v1.1 was BH6, these version numbers have been recycled and it is now very confusing.
e.g. 3200LLPT v1.1, 3200LL PRO v1.1 are more recent and contain CH5.

Now you do not want to pay a fortune for mediocre memory so you'll need to be sure what you're going to get.

I'll look 4 winbond chips
Just make sure they are the right Winbond chips...

Br
hepp

asdasd is right, you probably won't find any BH-5's but you might find some BH-6's. Do they have any American electronic stores in Hungary. Or, you can go to some electronic store over there and look at the last set of #'s and see if they are Winbonds BH's.

I went into a few stores and they said that I cant look at the
modules becxause they don't have any in the store!!! :mad:

I guess the best solution 4 me would be to go to a
"retailer's store" [I don't know the proper word!!!]
with one of friends who has the authority to buy there.
(U know without taxes and sh*t!)

These stores probably have some modules I can look at!!!

Back