• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

batch disk scrub?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rutkus

ok, i have a dozen or so computers that i need to wipe. The OS' on them are anything from windows 98 to 2000, i don't need a low level format but something that scrubs the disk with the partition and rewrites over the information to make it somewhat safe. I don't need any NSF security wiping due to time constraints but something that would be able to destroy the information without destroying the partition. I believe they are called disk scrubbers?

Secondly, it would be cool if i could do more than one at a time, perhaps a way to do more than one at a time via a hub like reimaging a computer or something.

Thirdly, after its done, i would like to put DOS on it. Is it possible to run some kind of a script that after its done scrubbing the disk, it would install dos.

I know its asking alot but just seeing if anyone has come across a similar problem and if they resolved it.

I have a disk very similar to this at work. What we use is a Debug file that comes directly off the Win98 and 2k CD. It wipes the HDD to where you will not be able to get any info off it.

I am on spring break currently and have no access to the file. If you would my version, PM me on Monday or Tuesday of next week and I will provide you with a link to the files.

so its all off the windows 98 or 2k disk? off the top of your head can you tell me the name of the file or something i can search for? does it keep the partitions in tact as well?

thanks man

All I know is that the file is called Debug. Wipes the HDD clean even on multiple partitions.

You may want to check the MS Help Center for more information if you don't want to wait that long.

Back