• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Probably a noob question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes, if it is really BH-5 then it will do 217 easily as far as i know :)

And, at the title of the thread, the only noob/dumb question, is the one not asked :)

Don't forget those are 512mb sticks. They are usually poor overclockers compared to 256mb sticks. Because theres more chance of getting one poor overclocking chip that spoils the whole stick.

Also keep in mind it is a COMPLETE gamble as to whether the KHX3000 512mb sticks you order will be BH-5 or something far worse. If you can, just save up and buy the guaranteed BH-6 Mushkin 2-2-2 Special PC3200 RAM which is guaranteed 200fsb @ 2.6v and 2-2-2-6 timings. BH-6 is nearly as good as BH-5 and will hit very high FSB's, especially with some extra voltage. You simply can't go wrong going with them :).

InvisGreenMan said:
It should be BH-5 if they guarantee the timings 2,2,2,6, am I right?

I recently ordered two dual kits of KHX3000K2/1G and none of it was BH-5. It wouldn't even run 2-2-2-6 at 2.6v at 185mhz FSB which it is rated for. I tested all four RAM modules individually and none of them would do it. The very old KHX3000 modules were BH-5, but most of the new stuff isn't, and is a big gamble as to getting BH-5 (with the odds mostly against you).

Back