• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyperx 512mb pc3200 good deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no wonder why its so dang stable...youve ran memtest86+ and everything is stable??? what FSB and divider are you running at

just got it yesterday so i havent run memtest yet....i got the FSB at 200 because i cant up my volts on my 2500 yet cause i got to get a better heatsink first. also what do you mean by divider?

Yep, you did well :). You should be able to hit way over 200fsb once you cool your CPU better. What he means by divider is what ratio you're running the memory at, like 5:4, 1:1, etc... more used on P4's than AMD's, so you can run either the CPU or RAM's FSB high while keeping the other low.

What system is this in? AMD lanparty or INTEL lanparty?

You said that you're running 3.3volts to the ram, and you're *only* at 200fsb? Dude, if it's BH-5, you don't need anywhere near that kind of voltage for that speed, you're just unnecessarily risking damage to it. BH-5 can do 200mhz @ 2-2-2, at like 2.6v. You'll only need to push it to 3.3volts if you're going to like 250mhz, 2-2-2.

Back