• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP sensitivity problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SybrCLocK

ok... all of you had win98 i suppose... and some of you even played counter-strike. Now my problem is.. that the way the mouse behaves in xp is totally different from the way it was in 98.

i disabled acceleration.. but still it's awfully funky!!!

is there a way to make it work like in 98?

and another problem would be..:
i have a network, my pc is 180m from the switch! i can't allways access the network. xp just searches for it... and enventually hangs the systems... any thoughts on that?

thanks

For the mouse there is diff settings you should look in speed and acceleration i like medium accelartion by the way is your mouse optical or ball type?

for your 180m thats very long i think there are boosters you can hookup to your cable so it keep its signal try to cut your 180m in half and switch them that would juice it up

I believe the length limit of CAT 5 is around 100M, so, like was said you need a powered switch or a repeater in the middle of that long cable then you should be fine.

Back