• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mysterious Drive thats not there

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lan_Of_Malkier

As the title implies I have a Mysterious Drive thats not there. I have tried uninstalling the driver and disabling it several several times.

It comes from a Raite DVD drive that I tried to install, it didn't want to work so I got rid of it. That was like 2 months ago though, and only recently has it re-appeared. WTF can I do to get rid of this bugger. I tried searching the registry for it with no luck. It lists under 'My Computer' as an available drive. Windows says it is working with no problems and in Administrative tools I have used all that I know to disable it.

In the disk wzard it even says that it is a functioning drive, BUT its not even there!!! AAAAAH! It's makin me crazy....HELP!

right clik on my computer and go to properties clik the hardware tab then Device manager button...and look at drives...if u see something unusual u can delete it or disable it from there...if that dont work you got me stuck between a rock and a hard place

Back