• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

changing temp directory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mage_x

im trying to download a 1.1gig file (lineage 2 beta), but it keeps going to the temp directory which is only c: and it is only 4 gig and i dont have enough space. how can i either change the temp folder or make it not go to temp at all?

using windows xp

ok i went to system properties>advanced>environment variables and changed TEMP and TMP to d:/temp, but whenever i download it, its my c: space going down and not my d: even though im downloading to the d:. this is very annoying!

i have restarted. i changed 2 temp directories, i didnt know there were 4. i only see two, how do i change all 4?

huh? you must be blind. ahh lets see..... opening control panel...

there are 2 user variables for temp (upper section)

and there are 2 system variables as well for tmp and temp directory

that is in the Enviromental Variables Window you opened.

no offence but maybe you need glasses :)

mage_x,

Did you change the settings in Both the User variables and the System Variable sections ?

Can you not get the file in smaller sections ?

Another way around it could be too look at getting a download manager, some allow you to specifiy where abouts they store their temporary files.

Good Luck

RHM

Also try moving your IE temp files (Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Settings (under Temporary Internet Files) -> Move Folder). IE loves to throw incomplete downloads there until finished, and then moves them to the right spot.

JigPu

Back