• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 questions..that need answering!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SybrCLocK

i`m running XP

1. i`ve got a problem with my network cable and it disconnects and reconnects randomly!
how can i deactivate the bubble that appears telling me it's connected or disconnected?

2. i can't browse the network allways.. it taked about on hour to establish connection. After that everything runns smoothly @ 7mb/s (my computer is 180m away from switch)
why?

3. do internet turbo programs really make any difference?

thanks

you cant really git rid of that thing unless you disable the network card period or remove the network card...i cant answer your other questions

SybrCLocK said:
i`m running XP

2. i can't browse the network allways.. it taked about on hour to establish connection. After that everything runns smoothly @ 7mb/s (my computer is 180m away from switch)
why?

thanks

That is your problem, the max distance for ethernet using cat5 is 100m.
You can get about 185m using an old BNC (coax) nic and cable, or up to 15Km using Fibre with some media converters on both end to convert from fibre to cat5....

to answer your last question...no they dont...engjohn just answered part of the question of why its so slow...only tweak you can probaly perform to get the most out of your internet is thru the registry but you really dont need to do any tweaks..i dont notice and speed up..plus if you have a certain down/up rate then its not goin to change anything by tweaking...

Back