• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Corsair Twin XMS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ibsailn

Just bought a new 875P MB (Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH) and a P4-2.8E processor. I probably won't overclock too far, but would like to tweak it a little at times (when noise of fans isn't an issue).

I have decided on 1GB (512 x 2) Corsair TwinXMS ram modules, but don't know which ones to buy. It seems the different versions (-3200, -3200LL, -3200C2) are tested using different systems and have different timings. The price differences are not that significant in the grand scheme of things.

Which ones should I buy. Some mention the 875P chipset and some mention AMD chipsets.

Thanks for the help.

Update

OK, so I have read a little more and am now wondering if I would do better with PC4000 ram or PC3200. If I am not overclocking, can I run the PC4000 at low latency settings like the PC3200, but still have the ability to overclock at times and relax the latency settings as neccesary.

I really don't want to regret my Ram purchase once I try some overclocking, but realize that for most of my operation I don't need to overclock and would rather keep temps down.

Please Help.

Thanks

Back