• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Ram Question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any good non generic ram will do, some generic chips are ok but its a crap shoot.

Kingston is good, Mushkin, Corsair, personally I would stay far from geil from the horror stories I have heard, but others recomend it. My advice would be to check out the buyer reviews at newegg, they can be helpful.

I was hopeing to get something that will over clock decent.. since I got a unlocked 2500+ with a dfi Lanparty so what would you recomend to get for overclocking?

If you can spring it, save up the extra $23 and get the guaranteed BH-6 Mushkin PC3200 2-2-2 Special at newegg (2x512mb=1gig kit) for $243. It is guaranteed 200fsb at 2-2-2-6 timings, and with 3.2-3.3v on it like your Lanparty should support, you will easily hit a very good FSB (I would say probably between 235-250 depending on your luck) :).

Last edited:
I was told or read somewhere that I would get better overclocking out of some pc3500 is that correct or was I misled?

Last edited:
Back