• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My ram does not run @ rated speeds/timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eroc

Here is a copy of my post at the RamGuy Corsair Forums> I figured I would post here, too to see if you guys know anything I don't.

Thanks a bunch!

Help!

I have been having a helluva time with my ram and board combo. My 2-PC3500C2 sticks will not run at rated speed on my Epox 8rda3+. I get MANY errors in memtest on test #5 when in dual channel at 200 . I have to set it to 2.5-3-3-7.

Here is what I have done so far:

Epox 8rda3+:
Tested (test #5) memory individually @ 200 2-3-3-7 (as rated): 0 errors

Tested both sticks, single channel @ 200 2-3-3-7: 0 errors

Tested Dual Channel @ 200 @ 2-3-3-7: 100's of errors

Tested Dual Channel @ 166 @ 2-3-3-7: 0 errors

Abit IC7G:

Tested Dual Channel @200 and 217 @ 2-3-3-7 in my P4 machine: 0 errors

Why won't the rated timings work in my Epox board UNDERclocked even?!

I may need to bios update though I checked all of them and none of them addresed this sort of issue.

All test were done at default voltages (the dimms showed up as 2.7V which I figured was more than adequate) with my Athlon 1700 running at 200*5 or 200*7 (to eliminate the processor as a variable).

Any help would be appreciated.

I have though i may try again...i was at 2-3-3-11 and it still beefed.

Thanks man!

oh yeah. You may need to ask a Mod about the website in your sig. Though it is not a link, it may be against the rules.

Just lookin' out for a brutha. ;)

Back