• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just ordered mushkin pc3200 222 special :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skidooosl

just ordered it from newegg, cant wait to put it in with my new mobile barton 2500 and see what it will do :p. with any luck 230 FSB!!!

Congratulations! That's an excellent choice of RAM and will serve you well :). Give it the right voltage and it'll hit what you're asking easily.

Unless you have already, your going to need to do a volt mod on your board. I can hit 230 @ 5-2-2-2 timings. My vdimm is at 3.3v. I can't seem to get it to go any higher then 230........(dual channel 2x256).

I don't know if I will even bother to try & get my fsb up any higher cause I like my REALLY tight timings. I would have to sacrifice the timings to get the fsb up higher, but I'm not all to sure the ram can even handle any higher.

But anyways. Good luck, I hope you enjoy, I know I do. =]

-ºb§

how far can you get with 3v? my NF7-S will do 2.9 which over volts to 3v... lol, overclocking gets EXPENSIVE!!!! i dont wanna have to buy a new board now! LOL... i really dont want to volt mod because i like being able to RMA it if it ever blows on me. maybe i will sell my A7N8X Deluxe and get a DFI Infinity.... how high can the chipset voltage go on it? and how is the lanparty board?

These 222 specials are not that great, I have 2x256 of em in my p4, I never intended to run them higher than 200 anyway, but I had to run em at pretty high voltage in order for em to work completely stable without errors in prime for more than 20 hours (2.75 votls btw)

skidooosl how far can you get with 3v?

Not sure as I have never tried to run at 3v's....

Also my results & your results will differ, no two things are a like...Overclocking is expensive, computers in general is an expensive hobby. I have dropped quite a bit of money into my pc.

how high can the chipset voltage go on it? and how is the lanparty board?

The chipset voltage can go upto 1.9v which I currently have it set at. It's watercooled so I am not concerned about heat at all. The lanparty is a good board I would have to say. There ARE some really horrible flaws with bios that I must warn you about. But if you get a working one (lmao) then they are pretty solid overclockers. I really do love it when it works properly. (read up over at amdmb.com for DFI mobo issues, to many to elaborate)

From what I have gathered, the Lanparty's are better OCer's then the Infinities, (fsb wise, could be wrong here).

Lastly, I would not go out & purchase a new motherboard & such based on my results or others. Would be very nice if you could get the same results as others (granted thats your personal goal) but remember no two systems are a like.

Krowa 02 These 222 specials are not that great, I have 2x256 of em in my p4, I never intended to run them higher than 200 anyway, but I had to run em at pretty high voltage in order for em to work completely stable without errors in prime for more than 20 hours (2.75 votls btw)

AND YES, if you can not apply high voltages then the Mushkin Special 222 probably is not the ram for you. Luckily my DFI LP II Ultra B has a 3.3 vdimm option. =]

-ºb§

even if i can get 220 or 225 with it then i will be very happy!!! better than the 200 my corsair would do. i think.... or i hope 3v will get me up there... i also hope my NF7-S will run that high, i might need the wire mod.

Back