• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh-No! Will I lose everything!? Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Ambush=-

So I upgraded to a DFI NF2 LanParty B Mobo and a M-2500+ processor. After a few day of tweaking, I wanted to reinstall windows XP pro since I've heard thats the thing to do after a major hardware upgrade.

But when try to reinstall windows, it freezes at 32min. I read on my friends computer when searched on yahoo that windows wont install on an overclocked CPU.

Tried clearing CMOS and installing again, no luck.

Now I just read here that you can upgade from the OEM version, which is what I have. If you read on it says that you must install from a clean hard drive!!!!:eek: :eek:

So is there anything that I can do to keep my files? And is this the reason that it won't install? Or could it be that since I have the mobile athlon, my mobo recognizes it at unknown processor and that is why it won't install.

Any help is appreciated; I REALLY dont want to lose all my files/games/music etc.

it will install on ANY clocked cpu, if it crashes when overclocked, it measns your overclock was never fully stable in the first place.

Back