• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Settle a bet: Lowest possible timings of CH-5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It can, just not likely. I have seen known CH-5 do 230 2-2-2 under extremely high voltages (3.2v+). In any case 2-2-2 at high FSB is rare for CH-5. Heck, many CH-5 chips can't do 2-2-2 at ANY speed.

Yeah, that's the biggest difference between BH5 and CH5; that second "2". Also, BH5 chips seem to take better to voltage than CH5. This may be due to the rumored voltage regulator built into the chips to keep voltage at JEDEC spec. larva, do you have any info regarding the purported voltage regulator on CH5 chips?

~THT

I can't even get my Mushkin L1 to post on my NF7 when I set the RAS precharge to 2. Just doesnt like it at all. Never had much luck with voltage changes to CH5 either.

I had mine to 2-2-2-5 @225FSB and 3.2v. I just wanted to go faster, so I turned it back to 2.5-3-3-6 and went to 235FSB on my Mushkin 3500 lvl 1 CH5 Modules. The're great in my opinion, I may just have an exceptional bunch though.

CH-5 might do 2,2,2,5 is you crank up high voltage and if you have good chips and if you hold your mouth just right and if the planets are aligned just right. However, 2,3,2,5 is more likely.

CH-5 might do 2,2,2,5 is you crank up high voltage and if you have good chips and if you hold your mouth just right and if the planets are aligned just right. However, 2,3,2,5 is more likely.
I'm on it. :D

Actually, I think Larva really has the best answer to the question.
That depends on whether on not it does.

I looked again at my timings and my earlier statement about RAS precharge set to 3 no boot was incorrect. It's actually the RAS - CAS delay being set to 3, as others have mentioned, that causes me boot problems. Actually get BIOS checksum errors if I ever try and set it to 2. :confused:

At any rate I am still questioning if these chips have voltage regulation or not. Anybody know for sure? Might consider a Vdimm voltage mod. again for this newer board if I knew the answer.

Back