• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Server 2003 video driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killer7

Hello, I have a copy of Windows Server 2003 and I have a slight problem. The computer I have it installed on has a svideo jack to use the TV as a monitor and the sound is onboard (ATi IGP Driver. With XP Home I can install the driver from ATi's website and the video plays fine. The same driver with server 2003 doesn't work. When you reboot it says that the ATi control panel couldn't load because the driver isn't installed and video playback is shakey. Any idea how I can my video playback to working?

You have to manually install ATI's drivers , cause they think its a 64bit OS. First Download the Driver file off the website. Extract all the files in a directory. Right click on the setup file and change compatability to windows XP. Then install the drivers. Then right click on your desktop and go to video property's . Turn up your video acceleration to max. Lasly click start->Run: type in dxdiag to run directx dialog. Turn on Directx (direct draw etc) .. Finally you should be set for full gaming, movie watching..

I figured out how to do it. The Windows Driver works fine, but by default hardware acceleration is not turned on. You have to durn in on in the settings.

Back