• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ie 6.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

plantron

When trying to download more then 2 things in IE6 the 3rd downlaod will not start and my browsing seems to slow down to almost stopped. I'm using a quick connection so this shouldn't happen and it doesn't happen to everyone who is using this same connect on other pc's.
Any ideas on how to change the limit if there is one????

Cheers

there's no limit, but some websites will not support uploading more than a certain number of files to a specific IP. Try navigating to another site and see if that goes faster. If you're still browsing slow, your system probalby has a bottleneck(HD). If you're downloading at really fast rates, that's probably it because your HD is struggling to keep up between the files(notice in benchmarks how random writes are significantly lower than sequential).

This is not happening at a specific site though just any site i download from. It may be bottlenecking but it is not happening to anyone else on my LAN, they are fine.

the bottleneck could be your computer. Your LAN settings\hardware might also have something to do with it(NIC, router, etc.)

Back