• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hibernate + prime 95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barn_Angel

i hibernated my computer with prime going...last night i turned hte comp on and it read it had been going for 23 hours...theres no chance that it was actually doing work when my computer was off, was there? kinda creeped me out...

but not as much as when my vid cards ram count stopped at 27M during post...

my hibernate never worked right I usually lose my webcam after wakeup and standby only worked on win2k SP4 maybe it was working on SP3 but hey i never tried

Hmm, since hibernate copies your memory to the hdd and completely powers down, no.

It might well be that prime95 just reads the start system clock and current system clock to compute run time, so it was mistaken after hibernation.

BTW, hibernation is a nice feature. I often use it when I want to work on my computer hardware but don't want to lose window arrangement, running simulations, etc. -- Paul

Back