• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mozilla Firefox CPU usage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metsrule3186

by itself firefox uses up a fair amount of my cpu but if i am dowloading files with it the cpu usage goes up pretty high. it usually spikes back and forth and this lags my computer. is there some way to adjust it

I am using it aswell and while surfing it does not take up much on my system. I do notice a difference when DL'ing but it isn't much. Have you checked for spyware and other little nasty things that like to sneek in?

I switch between FireFox and MyIE2, and FireFox is definitely faster, AND uses less resources. Are you sure you aren't running anything else, or you don't have some kind of spyware?

its weird then it jumps around between 20 and 30 percent when its dling sometimes it spikes really high. i checked for spy ware with spybot but i didnt have anything i guess i can try adaware

heh i think i sorta figured out whats going on. its some program running in back but now i have to check which one cause i have this program called end it all and while running mozilla i used it to auto close all extra processes and the usage dropped from 20 to 30 to around 4. now i just have to find out what it is :)

Back