• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nandro

Disabled
Hey all, I am building a second rig so I can play games at work. I just got a AMD 2500+ M, NF7-S r2, and a Ti4200 video card. Next on my list is memory. Oh yea, I got most of the stuff I need to set it up with water cooling. What kind of memory should I look for? I will be trying to push this puppy to the max, and I do alot od video and cad as well as games. I am more concerned with the quality than quantity as I could always buy more ram later.. Thanks in advance.

I'd go for Mushkin 2-2-2 PC3200 Special at newegg.com. 512mb for $159 shipped, or 1gig kit (2x512mb) for $243 shipped (yeah, it's much cheaper to buy two at once!). It is guaranteed to do 200mhz 2-2-2-6 timings on 2.6v, and will OC nicely as it has BH-6 memory chips from Winbond on it and is made by a top manufacturer (Mushkin). It also has a lifetime warranty, which also backs the modules if they won't run stock. This is pretty much the best stuff you can get, short of spending hundreds on eBay to get out-of-production BH-5 sticks, or taking a very big gamble on finding some older modules that might have BH-5.

Will do, thanks for the pointers. Maybe I can come up with some funds to buy the memory at newegg. After getting my home pc and a new sager 8890 lappy, I'm having a hard time justifying the cost to the wife. So I am limeted to what I can make on ebay for money.

Women..cant live with em'....... Pass the beer nuts.

Back