• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

booting up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkitt10

ok everything boots up in like 20 sec (thx too bootvis) which is great for me but I have a problem

after everything is loaded theres only one thing to load and thats zonealarm pro plus

it takes like 2 min! it seems like its doing a check for viruses or somthing cause I see activity on my floppy this isnt bootvis releated this is just weird

I need this to run automatically cause of my illeterate family, we need protection.

but they complain it takes too long too boot

I looked through all the prefrences and cant find anything can some one please help me?
I can do everything on my computer waiting for it to load just not internet because zonealarm is a fire wall..please help

Zonealarm doesnt mess with your floppy because i run zonealarm...i bet your are running norton anitvirus???? well next time u start up when the little icon pops in the task bar just ONLY put ur mouse on the little norton icon "if u have it" and it will say disabled....then when the floppy does its thing then not soon after norton will be enabled...i have that but i kant do nothing about it cause my comp is naturally slo....also you wanna defrag your drives...get Disk keeper..its way better and has more features and catchs way more fragments to speed up your performance then the windows defragger let me kno if any of my info worked

http://www.softwareshelf.com/products/display_homeuser.asp?p=5

I've had a similar problem with the floppy being accessed for a while on boot, though I wasn't using Zone Alarm. Weird that ZA seems to cause it....

If you can't find a solution to the problem, use XP's built in firewall. It's not fancy by any stretch, or include any nice logging feature, but it does at least firewall. :)

JigPu

Back