• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC-3200 EL Platinum Edition problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jsmooth65

OK, i just built my rig the other day, and have had all kinds of BSOD's probably related to this memory. Here are my specs.

Athlon 64 3200+
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro motherboard
1 gig (2x512) OCZ PC-3200 EL Platinum Edition memory
Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128
2 WD 37Gb Raptors in RAID 0
Sparkle 530W PS

When installing Win XP, i would get this blue screen error
*** STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I upped the DDR Voltage by 0.2V and ran memtest and they checked out, but still the same error during XP install.

So i removed one of the mem modules and it has run fine ever since.

Question is, should I put the other module back in now that the computer is totally set up and see what happens? Should i up the voltage 0.3V? While waiting for a response, i'm going to run the removed module in the computer and run a memtest and XP...

Well, memtest checked out OK and i'm running XP right now with the other module by itself. Now to put them both together...

obviously one of your modules is either bad or they are stubborn brothers with bad timmings...what timmings do you have...take the module u have in now out and place the other in and see if that 1 stick gives u errors if so RMA

well, i ran each one separately and they worked fine. And right now i have them both in and everything checked out ok even with memtest. maybe i should increase voltage 0.3V just to be safe? or keep them at +0.2V until i get another BSOD and see what happens?

i hate memory problems.....

Okay, 3dmark scores are almost never the same, there are so many variables. First try runnig them with loose timings and then try to run them seperatly, you could have a bad one.

How loose are we talkin' here? I had to unlock the "advanced" setting in my bios to get to the timings, and they were all set on auto. I changed them to what the sticks are advertised as being able to support, 2-3-2-5 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS). These are the dual channel ones by the way...
I think before i changed them, the numbers were 2.5-3-3-8. I just changed them tonite, and i'll check their stabiltiy tomorrow.

Back