• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could this be BH-5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metzeric

Registered
Hello guys!......I have just bought 2 sticks of KHX3200/256 from Zipzoomfly and cant test since am out of the town ATM.. These are the markings on the sticker (both of them):

9905192-012. A01
2.6v

I didn't go for the KHX3200K2/512 (dual kit) since it costs $24 more... Can I run these 2 sticks in dual channel mode? Is there a difference in performance between the dual kit and the non-dual kit?

Cheers to you guys...:)

Those sticks should be BH5. I have never heard of anyone who has bought KHX3200 Non-A getting anything other than BH5 chips. While its not a guarantee by any stretch of the imagination, its about 95% a sure thing that you have BH5.

The only requirements for dual channel operation is 2 sticks of RAM and a motherboard with a chipset that supports Dual Channel memory operations (nForce2 Ultra 400, i865, i875, ect...). Also, there is no performance difference between buying two seperate sticks and buying a dual pack. THe only possible difference is that dual packs have sticks that were manufactured at roughly the same time as one another. If you buy seperately, you might get two sticks that were manufactured weeks apart, which really doesnt matter anyway unless there was a major difference in the manufacturing process between the production time of the two sticks.

Good luck with that RAM. My old 2 x 256 set of KHX3200 Non-A did pretty well at a relatively low voltage for BH5. Hopefully, you will have similar luck.

Back