• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Judge my overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beavis

I just got a new motherboard and 1 stick of Centon 512MB PC2700. I already have a XP 1700 T-bred B and 2 sticks of Crucial 256MB PC2100. I'm not a newb when it comes to building computers but I am a newb to overclocking. My last mobo was too unstable to overclock so this is my first real try. I didn't think I'd get very far with the Crucial ram but so far I'm at 11x162=1782MHZ, 6-2-2-2.5 memory timings, vcore=1.75, memory voltage=2.8. I'm going to try to up the fsb some more but I have a couple questions.

When I reach the peak, do I go back to 133fsb and raise the multiplier to 12 and see how it goes or can I raise it now?

Should I go back to 133fsb and lower the cas to 2 and see how far I can go and leave the multiplier alone or should I change the multiplier also?

I don't really know where to start. I know this overclock is pathetic compared to what yall get but I'm trying.

Whenever I raise the fsb by 5 I run Prime95 for like 12 hours then move it up some more. This whole process has takin me a week, any other ideas for testing stablity?

if u were u id start out with the lowest cas and highest fsb possible then keep raising it till it fails then back down a tad till it stabilizes, then do memtest86, i think 5 or 6 passes is what they recomend for stability, otherwise like u said u will be testing for a week.. goodluck flapperhead...

Last edited:
Back