• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This ram descent?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vacca

Registered
Ok, before I ask this. I wanted to ask another question. Is the bh5 Mushkin ram worth the extra $40 that it costs over a regular 512mb blue line Mushkin PC3200 chip?

My next question is... I ran cpu-z just to see what this ram's clock cycles are. It's some cheap ram, forget the name. It's 2.5-3-3 Is that very good? (sorry not too knowledgeable about it). I was looking at the Mushkin ram I was going to buy and it's 2.5-4-4.

You won't find a bh5 chip for $40 more than the blue line ram. It's gotta be something else. And the 'cheap ram' timings are mediocre.. and it all depends on what speed the ram is running at really. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd suggest some of the mushkin green basic.. it's cheaper and seems to be almost equivalent to the blue line stuff.

Well, it's not exactly $40. It's $14 actually. Although a 512mb PC2700 stick of Mushkin Blue Line is $103. Although, a stick of the 2-2-2 Black Perf Level II (which I'm guessing is BH5?) is $117/stick.

I ordered the basic on accident, lol. Which is $87 and was comparing that to the BH5.

the high perf black 2-2-2 is bh6. no bh5 is around anymore. I personally would have taken the bh6 stuff for the extra money. But I'm sure the basic will suit you well.

Back