• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM privileged instruction

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sanosukex

Registered
I HAD mbm installed and working but had to uninstall it.. well i tried reinstalling and now it gives me a privileged instruction error when i try to start it.. no matter which option i choose for those drivers it still does it.. i have win XP Pro...

There is a setting with MBM. It's when you are installing it, I think you choose "System" if you are using XP, or something else if that doesnt work. I think what is happening is that it is trying to monitor your computer before or after something else loads, but then it cant read it because that program has loaded up already or it hasnt loaded up yet. Confused yet? I hope that made sense. Anyway, it's just a setting you have to change when installing it. Read everything carefully when you are installing MBM, especially if you see a drop down box that says 'system' on it.

- Awperator

Back