• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would be more beneficial?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nandro

Disabled
Getting 2 sticks of Mushkin 2-2-2 special ram for an NF7-s or getting a matched pair of crucial xms or Mushkin? Do they need to be matched to run dual channel?

nope you can run dual channel in all sorts of weird configureations. 1x 256M stick and 1x512M stick, or whatever.

The BH6 sticks would be your best bet.

Sweet, just got the 222 specials and a raptor from newegg. Their prices are as low or lower than most memory prices on ebay, and you know what your getting.

The Corsair XMS are great for overclocking. Go to www.newegg.com and read the reviews for yourself. I've got my XMS 2700 running at 181mhz ( rated at 166mhz). Prime 95 shows no errors at this setting and I could probably go higher.

Yeah, its hard to beat Newegg's price and service. There prices are just about the best and man, they get that stuff to you quick!

By the way, is there a reason you went with the Ti4200 on your # 2 rig? Did you already have it or did you buy new? It looks like everything else on your rig is pretty new but the Ti is a little dated compared to the rest of your stuff. Rig #1 looks good, by the way!

The reason for the Ti4200 is because I have been using money I made on ebay to buy the parts for this machine. I spent a majority of my funds on the CPU, MB and water cooling setup. I needed to get a card that was under $100 mainly because I just built my main rig and spent a good deal of money on it. The Ti4200 is a cad that will OC and hold me over till I get money to buy a newer card or wait till the better ones come down in price. I got the Ti for $67 on ebay.

remember the 222 special is bh6. so at about 2.9v u can expect about 210/215@ 2-2-2-5. they really perform well with a volt mod and hi voltage.

Cool, I really plan on going all out with this box. Once I know enough about water cooling I will shellout some big money to build a top of the line setup. I'm gettin' antzy just waiting for my stuff to get here. I have a fast main rig, and a sager 8890 laptop, but what fun is stock?

Back