• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winxp Pro Freezes On start up Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joker5

Hi new to this forum, i've just got a new 80gb baracuda seagate drive i've installed winxp Pro on it and it booted up the first time after install but now every time it starts up it freezes on the winxp start up screen it seems the freeze consides with the keyboard check.

Im loging on now using safe mode with networking, but normal mode just freezes.

I've tried the last working config option and unplugging the keyboard but it makes no diffrence:(

well it sound that you have video card issues you should get them updated or sometime they work better if you use older drivers! (stupid nVidia)
There is another possibilty that your video is fighting with your sound card!

Welcome to the forums.
It sounds as if you are having a hardware conflict(or drivers, but I really think hardware). As you have a fairly new install, I'd recommend that you start fresh, with just the barest minimum of components(CPU, RAM, video, CD and HD, floppy if you use one). Clear your CMOS, then do a new install with a fresh format. Do the SP1 and other updates, DX9, mobo drivers, etc. Then start adding components back one at a time. Should at least help you figure out what's causing your problem.

Back