• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding New Partition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smartweb

I recently picked up a copy of Longhorn buld 4053, and would like to install it, except I would like to do so without reformatting. I have 2 partitions, one with Windows XP Pro and the other with Red Hat Linux 9. XP has 70 gigs and Linux has about 10 gigs. I have about 40 gigs of free space on XP, so is there a way I can take 10 or so from that, install longhorn on it, and make GRUB recognize longhorn too?

erm, partition magic can do that without losing your data.

i htink 2000 can do that, but not on its drive...maybe linux can resize your XP one?

i though longhorn wasnt out for another 9 months or something like that.

Partition Magic will deffinatly let you resize the partition. As for grub I bet you would get better answers if you put a thred in alternative OSs.

Are there any other ways to do this without having to pay for extra software? Can Longhorn's setup safely modify existing partitions including linux partitiosn wihtout destroying data?

Last edited:
Back