• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I make 'My Music' shortcut in XP go to diff folder?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SniperXX

I want the My Music icon on the Windows XP taskbar to link to another folder. Say D:/MUSIC as an example. So when I click the icon on the start menu it will open D:/MUSIC. I am running Windows XP Pro. I searched for all the registry keys called My Music in my registry and changed the ones I could swear were it, but it still doesnt show the other folder. Thanks.

Hi ...

its so easy ...

1- go to (my music) icon in start menu ..

2- press right click

3- click on ( properties )

4- do like attach ... then apply (it will ask you to move all files from the old one .. )

that all .......

I hope the problem end now :)

Attachments

• sss.jpg
    sss.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 122
This is all thats in my properties.

properties.JPG

Like I said before I got windows XP Pro.

I know I know .... you have XPPro

I have it too ... but emmmmm

I'll looking in registry & other places ... I am sure there are many solutions ...

what AlMalki did was change everything in My Documents to be on the seperate drive, what you want to do is change just one folder in my documents, which i'm not sure you can do as xp wants everything in my documents to be on the same drive. what i would do is make a shortcut of the D:\Music folder, put all your music files there, rename it to my music and use that shortcut instead.

Back