• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cd - rw drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cycrus_99

Hi i have a cd rw drive but i can not use it to write cd cus i dont have device driver disc. could someone email me the directions on how it is possible to download a driver off the internet. please and thank you. my email is [email protected] i also have yahoo messenger and my handle is the same as it is here cycrus_99

Last edited:
You usually don't need a device driver.

What is the Manufacturer and model #.

Most of the time when you can't burn its because the Burning program doesn't recognize the CD burner. This was commonplace for me when I had an OLDER version of NERO burning rom software. Version 6 Free trial is available www.nero.com , try it first, it will probably solve your problem.

i dont know the model number had a friend of mine build the computer for me and he forgot to give the device driver disc

i also have yahoo messenger and my handle is the same as it is here cycrus_99

Like I said you probably dont need one. Just download the NEWEST version of NERO and see if that works.

The older versions of Nero had a hard time with CD burners that came out AFTER the release of the software. This happened to me 3 times on systems I built, loadinf NERO 6 fixed ALL of them. Good luck

You don't need drivers for your CDRW... Windows comes with the drivers. If you cannot burn CD's, there is another problem.

Right now I am using a plextor drive, I bought it off a forum member, got it in the mail, stuck it in my computer and burnt a CD no problem. Drivers aren't needed.

Back