• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A couple windows xp pro problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
first, i have 2 mice connected to my computer, a usb and a ps2, one is optical and the other is a ball underneath, I have tried to take off snap-to and it just doesnt work, dont know whyy, other is sometimes when i have 2 internet explorer windows open and close the second one it crashes the first and only way to get my progs working again is to restart, or java will close and crash all ie windows.

any help out there?

Hmm you've got a few things jumbled in there. First off, why 2 mice? just curious. Not sure having 2 mice would affect you like that though. What are you referring to when you say snap-to? The snap-to-button function? Like where it will snap-to a "Ok" button or "Cancel" button?

What happens when IE crashes though? Does your screen go blank with only your mouse cursor showing? If that's the case just ctrl-alt-delete and open task manager and run a new task and put in "explorer", without the quotes, and windows will come back up.

What java are you using? The one MS used to provide? or the one you download from Sun?

ok, the 2 mice is because i have an optical that i thought was messed up, cause it kept on freezing, really is that i need a mousepad for it. Yes the snap-to button that brings the mouse cursor to the defualt button to click,

the IE crashing, still shows the background, and icons where the IE window was not, but none where it was. i hit ctrl alt del and try to get the task manager , but i think it comes up behind the IE crashed window. So i cant access it, all that seemed to work was selecting shutdown, and if it took to long then hitting the power button to autoshutdown.

got the java to work, uninstalled all the sun, version i had and installeed the latest. 1 down..

Take one of your mice off and use a pillow case or something for your optical mouse. Works like a charm and gets you away from having 2 mice installed on a system made for 1 mouse. *might* just solve that snap problem because the snapping is software and it's probably confused as to what mouse to de-snap.

No idea about the IE problem. I used to have random crap like that happen all the time so I just switched to a different browser. I know that's not necessarily an answer for you, just letting you know my opinion.

Back