• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GEiL PC3200 Value RAMs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWY

I've seen GEiL PC3200 Value series in one of the hardware shops I frequent. They are rated 2.5-3-3-6, and come with the blue aluminium heatspreaders.

Anyone ever used them before? How high can they go? One guy I know says that he was able to run them at 230MHz with 3.0-3-3-8 timings. The price is pretty reasonable and I'm thinking of getting 2 sticks of 512MB. :cool:

At stock settings mine runs like a champ: 2.5 3 3 6 200fsb 2.6v - no errors w/Memtest.

Overclocking. Well, I was able to get 215 at 2.5 3 3 8 and
2.5 3 3 6 both at 2.6v. With these settings I got a big boost out of 3dmark01, 3dmark03 and Aqua. I could also play games for as long as I wanted - no crashes or hiccups. I did however get errors with Memtest. I did not try Prime95 .

Overall I think it is great RAM esp for the price. Probably could find better overclocker tho.

Back