• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Supported RAM for A7N8X-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mafiah

Registered
Geting a new PC :)

AMD Athlon "Barton" XP3200+ 400FSB
ASUS A7N8X-E Mobo.

Now the problem is RAM, I was looking at the
motherboard and the maximum it can support is PC3200...well i think so anyway....

So what is the best memory I can get for it? looking at the Corsair brand more specificaly and their TwinX modules 1GB.

Corsair 1GB DDR XMS4000PT TwinX (2x512MB) Platinum CAS3 (MY-023-CS) ? (what would be the optimum timings for the ram + barton CPU?)

(Also when I install the RAM, do i have to flash the BIOS to the latest version before introducing the new RAM? - as I think the default BIOS that the motherboards comes with doesnt support the high speed RAM... (had this problem on my EpoX mobo...)

Thanks.

I would get no higher than PC3500 for a Barton. That way you can maintain a high FSB with tight timings.

It will perform much better than PC4000, which just isn't made for an AMD platform.

Your motherboard should accept this memory without a problem, but it's always a good idea to flash to the latest bios just so you have all the updates fixes and such.

Back