• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Somehow stuck in "sleep" mode...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadInsane

I have been having a really wierd problem. I have double checked all my power management settings, and even put my computer in the "always on" option state. Sometimes, when I leave my computer on overnight, it will act like it is stuck in sleep mode with a blank monitor, and no hdd activity. I am really ****ed off, has anyone had the same/similar problem? I am thinking it might be a settingin the bios or windows. :mad: :mad:

Had a similar problem some time ago. Check the power management settings in your BIOS. You might want to disable *all* of them. I did.

A bit less common but has happened to me on a couple occations where the monitor itself as a built in power management setting.

But for the most part it's like FlailBoy said, check power management for Windows and the BIOS

Back