• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a program to slipstream service packs ect.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

I'm looking for a program like this one Balder Multiboot. That slipstreams service packs, hotfixes, programs, drivers ect. In other words, allows you to make your own custom OEM windows CD. I know most programs out there usually have a free alternative so that would be nice ;)..

Yah, I was looking more for a program that aloud this (among other things) . I'm lazy lol.. It's like walking to work when you have a car ;). Thanks for the link though.

I am in the middle of shipping ebay packages and fighting with a problem with outlook but I stumbled on this thread. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I cant wait to start playing with it.

rufunky, please post back on any tips you find with it. I will do the same when I start playing with it. I have a slipstream version of XP with SP2 but have had nothing but problems with it. I want to create on that is for my machine, with my drivers and such on it. This looks like it will do just the trick.

Thank you Jimboz88 and fightingpiper

I tried it, I love it.

I am going to formate and install now and see what happens. The first time around I tried to add to many things to the ISO and ended up with a 1.5gig ISO and then could not find a way to burn it to a DVD. So I trimmed it down and managed to burn it to a CD. I will post back with the results.

I just wrote this up for a bunch of people on a local chat list I am on and sent it out, I figured you guys might get a kick out of it too.

Ok if you are geek like me and find yourself installing windows over and over. Or just want to make your Windows XP “DISK” a little bit more YOU! This is the coolest program I have ever found.

It allows you to make a custom windows XP install disk tailored to what you want and with what drivers you want installed, slip streamed SP2 and everything.

Here is how it works.

Download the latest SP2 network install about 266meg
Download all the drivers you need for your computer chipset, soundcard, video card, network card, and all the drivers you can think of.

Now create a folder on your system (I called mine new windows)

Put your windows xp disk into your cdrom drive. Then close the stupid autorun when it opens.

Now load up this program http://nuhi.msfn.org/ it is called NLITE. Just download it from that site.

It will ask you for your location of your windows CD you tell it where to find it, then tell it to drop the files into the folder you created on your machine.

Next it wants to know where you put that SP2 file you downloaded, it will then integrate SP2 into this new file it is making.

Next it wants to know if you have any drivers you want to add to windows, so you go and show it where all your drivers are.

Now this is where it gets really cool.

You can add or remove parts of windows you like or don’t like, IE system restore, windows media player, anything you don’t want or don’t use you can remove. Once you have decided on that, you get to have some fun.

Go to the unattended setup section, enter in your name, cd key, network preferences, computer name, password admin stuff once all that is done you can click create ISO. Boom wham bam, it spits out an ISO onto your desktop.

Use Nero to burn it to a new CD.

Now when you want to install windows again, all you do is drop in your new CD, tell it where you want it to install, and walk away. Come back in an hour or so to find your computer sitting at desktop with the start menu up and ready to go. No more tweaking of network settings during setup, no more entering names and junk, no more finding your windows key, you don’t even have to deal with drivers, or updating to SP2 because your CD has done it all for you.

It took me a couple of tries to find a tweak that I liked on it. BUT I LOVE THIS PROGAM.

Back