• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DUAL PLATINUM PC3200 BH5 or BH6...or not???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jklipper

Registered
OCZ DUAL CHANNEL OPTIMIZED PLATINUM 2X512MB DDR PC3200
PN.OCZ4001024ELDCPE-K
2-3-2-5

I bought this ram and wanted to know if this might be the bh5 or bh6 i hear so much about in this forum. I would like to at least wait till i see if there is anything wrong with the ram before i try taking off the heat spreaders. I am new to overclocking and want to give it a try.

I am going to be using a NF2 Ultra Infinity and a 2500 Mobile Barton:) Going to try and get away with using my Radeon 9000 128mb for now till i can aford a 9600 or 9800. My NF2 Ultra Infinity should be here tomorrow!!! cant wait:D Thanks

OCZ isn't using Winbond ICs on the 3200 Platinum's any longer. There is a chance that your modules have CH-5 depending on when they were produced, but recent and new modules do not use CH-5.

o well, will have to do

I sent an email to OCZ.....those guys are quick to respond with this message

This product uses Winbond CH5 or Mosel 5ns chips. Only PC3200 platinum limited edition uses BH6 chips. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

Last edited:
Back