• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In the future....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rassler

Will the Mushkin PC3200 "222" with the BH-6 still be around in a few months? Is this going to stop like the BH-5 any time soon, if so i may need to snatch some up NOW!!:eek:

i dont kno but i think they stop making BH-6 also...now they make only CH-5 and the BH-6 is whats leftover but anyone correct me if im wrong

Yeah, BH-6 was discontinued a little while ago, but apparently Mushkin had a stockpile of some sort. It's not an infinite supply, I know that much, but apparently it's enough to start a new line of RAM.

Oh man, so in anyone's opinion, is this stuff wirth gettin now for a new AMD system I plan on builing in say Aug. I think this stuff is really good, but so much new stuff could come out by Aug. But then again arent they now focused on DDR2 will will do nothin for me personaly so they may not pump out many more models. IM CONFUSED!

I spoke with Mushkin today and asked them about the future of the manufacuter of the BH-5, BH-6, CH-6 etc. chips. They said that Winbond is goint to stop making memory chips altogether. I don't know if they have already stopped or if it's in the near future, but that would lead me to believe that all BH-6, CH-6 chips are going to become more and more rare as time goes on.
I don't understand why they would stop when clearly they had a huge moneymaker in BH-5. Mushkin said that they(winbond) aren't interested in making memory anymore.

This changes a bit now since it went up like $40 - $50 in the last 5 hours.

Back