• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which mem for these mobo's ? I WILL be OCing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
1st choice: MSI 865PE NEO2-PLS

2nd choice: MSI 875P NEO-FIS2R

They are pretty much the same MOBO, but the 2nd choice has something stuff raid etc...

Anyway the CPU with be either "the cheap route" Celeron (between) 2.4-2.6Ghz, or the "not so cheap route" P4 2.8E.

I know the Celeron will OC a more than the 2.8E cause its the NW core and its got alot less L2, also the Celeron dosent get nearly as hot. Anyway I want either 512MB or 1GB of ram, I'd like to run tight timings, CL2 if I can. Can someone point me towards some good DDR500 RAM ?

-DDR

btw, I dont really need the raid, but it's there as an option.

It may be hard to run cl2 at those speeds, but I komusa has some nice chips in my opinion. Check em out, they have nice dual channel kits, just make sure you find the ones you can upgrade to adata brand and your set to go.

DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT GET THE CELERON!!!!

And, why get the prescott? Get a nice northwood, they do much better until you get extremely high clock speeds. The 2.8cs run better. If you're really strapped, get a 2.4c.

As for ram, i've got the perfect ram: komusa adata hyperam 4200.

There is ONE last option:mobile celeron. They are basically williamette pentiums that overclock like hell. 1.8 c4ms have been hitting 3.4-3.6 left and right. I think that the abit bh7 and is7-e along with the asus p4t5333 along with p4p800 are good motherboards for them. Not sure about msi.

In that case, you will need some bh5 ram. Try to get some kingston valueram, and when you see the type of modules while window shopping, look for winbond.

Back