• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Awesome Boot CD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alacritan

I broke a partition on my a drive that I was trying to install XP on, and neither the XP installation or Fdisk would recognize it to delete the broken partition or reformat it, so I went digging online for a good CD boot disk. I just thought everyone would want to see this:

Ultimate CD Boot Disk

Lots of diagnostic tools, formatting tools and drive wiping tools among other things. Pretty damn good IMO. Solved my problems.

i gave up sometime ago but here is what i can remeber....

after download the file had one iso file and one md5 file.

using nero 6 i burned the ISO file only on the cd but nothing worked. Then i tried to burn both iso and md5 on the same cd and still nothing.

I also tried to burn it with another software but nothing.........

maybe i can send a blank cd to someone here and make a copy for me...:)

An even easier way, is to go to open, select all file types, open the .iso and then hit enter. Burn starts, no problems.

Yeah, don't burn the actual ISO to the CD. You have to burn an Image to the disc. You don't create a new Data CD or anything. When it's done you'll have a CD with all the files on it in their proper folders and such instead of a single ISO file.

Back