• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get Mushkin or stay with Corsair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D00b3r

Registered
Hey guys.

My current setup is in my sig...
Long story short, I'm not satisfied enough with the results from this mobile I bought so I'm thinking of getting some faster ram.
My current stuff maxes out at 210 and it becomes unstable..fsb to ram ratio is 1:1. Would that be my motherboard limiting me or is it actually the particular Corsair ram I bought? I've done quite a bit of homework and so far from what I've read its the ram..this particular **** just doesn't like overclocking (if only I had read that before buying but it was one of those things. Anyway, I'm currently looking at getting a gig of this. Its pc3500 and I've heard nothing but relatively good **** about Mushkin ram. Now it's 2.5 cas but I'm assuming the 3500 will do more than make up the difference. Anyways, just wondering what some of your takes on this would be. I wanna be able to push this chip farther but it's looking like I won't be able to unless I get rid of some bottlenecks.
Raising the multi only results in instability so I'm guessing a higher fsb obtained with better ram is the way to go.
Any suggestions?

cheers,
D00b3r the n00b3r

Back