• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement for rams, what to choose??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HUH

Registered
Replacement for rams, WHICH ONE??

it's been tough to find good memory....
2 months ago i got some OCZ PC3500 Platinum Limited Edition which has BH5, but not until last few weeks i found out that these rams r no good running the default speed 217 @6-3-2-2..........since they give errors in both memtest86 and windows diagnostic tool on my NF7-S 2.0.....tried many bios and voltages but still no go....

so i talked to the ocz tech support and now discussing what to replace w/, they suggested a few options:

1) that the only mobo that works w/ the pc3500 plat. lim. ed. is DFI's....so i let my friend who has a DFI to test it out for me to c if that's the case......

2) they offer CH5 that works at 217, but then that would defeats the purpose of getting these BH5 in the 1st place.........

3) the PC4000 gold that they will pre-tested to do 240 MHz FSB on NF7 motherboard.....these rams uses the Hynix chips and run at CAS 2.5, 4-4-7 2.8 volts

4) so i suggested the new pc3200 plat. lim. ed. which r BH6, but they say bh6 can't do 217 at the max voltage their warranty covers......

5) other reasonable rams i choose......

so what should i replace with?? i really want high fsb + tight timings.....i really need help from you guys in choosing the right ram......

ThAnX in adv.

jeesh im not sure cause tight timings are definitely bh5/6 territory.
have u considered doing a volt mod on the board to get some more juice to the memory for stability.

Back