• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of an OS! Please read!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidw2005

Disabled
Ok, I have a friend who is really in dire need of some help. Yes, some mental health issues as well, but that's another subject:)

Basically, "we" are looking for a copy of Windows 98 or ME full version. This could be OEM, as I do believe its not illegal to run OEM on another computer, just as long as its not installed on any other ones.

Here's the situation...he is trying to build a PC from scrap parts, and as cheaply as possible. Basically, his entire PC budget is like $80, which basically only covers any odd piece he can't get his hand on that must be installed. The problem is, he needs an operating system, obviously, or else the machine is worthless.

I would suggest Linux...however there is some software that can only be run on Windows, but basically, under no circumstance is Linux an option. So, I'm left trying to help him find somebody that may have a spare copy of 98 or ME. I once, a while back, found somebody with a spare copy, but I have since then given it away to somebody else who needed it...for free my might add(yes..I'm generous :) ).

I honestly don't feel this belongs in the classifieds, as I'm not trying to make this a classifieds ad, as well as there may be somebody out there who doesn't yet have 100 posts but may be able to help.

So again, I'm looking for a full version of Windows 98 or ME. So, if anybody may be able to help, PLEASE let me know. It would be extremely appreciated. Just send me a PM or something regarding it.

At the very least, I will cover any shipping costs associated with it. I may be able to give something for it, I'm not sure(I'll ask him). But please PM me and I can talk with you about it. Thanks.

Back